Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Politico's 14 Quotes of 2014

In the spirit of the last post, here are 14 memorable things that were said this year. Some of them made me laugh and some of them I honestly didn't remember, but it's a good wrap up for the year in politics.

Some of my favorites were...

1. "Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee."
Ah, yes. The moment where possibly the most competitive Republican for 2016 flushed his chances straight down the toilet. Even if Chris Christie didn't cause the vote-stopping traffic, his reputation took a big hit and his other faults suddenly came to light.

4. "I grew up castrating hogs on an Iowa farm."
This one just made me laugh. Apparently Joni Ernst, a new Senator from Iowa, used this as a slogan in her campaign. Her ads ran along the lines of "I can help cut the pork from Washington and make them squeal..." let that image sink in for a bit.

5. "Don't do stupid s**t."
I like this. It was the motto of Obama's staff this year, and it's a good motto for anyone to live by. Keep it simple.

8. "We tortured some folks."
I cringed. Just a bad reminder of a bad event that I really wish we hadn't done but we now have to justify to the world.

There are lots more, so take a look here!
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/top-quotes-2014-113882.html?hp=t4_r

2 comments:

  1. Yeah...quote four is pretty hilarious, and conjures some interesting imagery. I do, however, feel that it is shockingly well formulated. It makes the people of Iowa see her as more personally related to them, rather than being too far out to reach. Additionally, it reminds us of "pork barrel politics," a policy which many people want to see leave.
    -Liam Brookhart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would vote for the first person in a Utah election who said they castrated animals. and that Obama staff motto is a very similar motto that I like by too and what most people (congress) should live by too.

    ReplyDelete